Covid-19 Virus Preventions and Impact on Humans and Businesses
The coronavirus pandemic has hit people across the world very badly. It has impacted overall human life and wellbeing, and subsequently businesses and economies at large. With the rising number of cases and deaths, there is a lot of panic among people. Several governments, the World Health Organization (WHO), and authorized medical bodies have come up with preventive measures and quarantine guidelines. Covid-19 is the newly found strain of the coronavirus category that was reported by China to the World Health Organization (WHO) in December 2019, as pneumonia. However, in January the WHO confirmed it as the emergency of international concern, and in March 2020 it was declared as a pandemic. Along with China, European countries such as Italy and Spain are badly impacted. The impact is also huge in the Middle East Asia, and so on. At this crucial juncture, it is essential for business communities to act upon the situation to reduce its impact on the economy as well as human life. This post discusses the Covid-19 symptoms, precautions everyone should take, and isolation guidelines.
Covid-19 Symptoms and Spread
Social distancing has been advised in this disease whether you are infected or not. This is because the virus spreads through contact with infected persons or through their respiratory droplets. It also spreads by touching surfaces of objects, buttons, and so on. Ensure you clean your hands and face after touching any such surfaces. Also do not touch your nose, mouth or eyes without washing your hands thoroughly. These are some typical initial Covid-19 symptoms:
- Dry coughing
- Body Aches and pains
- Shortness of breath
- Some may have a runny nose, diarrhea, and nausea
Coronavirus: Preventive Measures and Guidelines
Several nations have imposed a lockdown, and while it may seem like the world has come to a standstill, it is for the larger good. So, we all must follow the guidelines issued by WHO and the respective governments. While staying at home without any work and social life for so long can be frustrating, it is a crucial step to eliminate infection through the virus. Here are some guidelines and pointers you should consider for your safety, as well as mental and physical wellbeing:
- Do not venture outside your home unless it is absolutely necessary. It is best to stay safe at home. This will increase social distancing as advised.
- Ensure that you order your necessary supplies including medicines, groceries, and veggies on phone or online and get them delivered to your doorstep.
- If you have any symptoms such as dry cough or shortness of breath, immediately contact you doctor.
- If you feel you have come in contact with an infected person, practice self-isolation for at least two weeks. If you feel you have caught any symptoms, immediately contact your doctor.
- Follow all the hygiene-related guidelines such as washing hands and face frequently. Washing your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds is recommended.
- Eat healthy and preferably home-cooked food which will help increase your immunity. Consume lemon juice and fresh fruits for a daily dose of vitamin C which also helps increase your immunity.
- During these times, and in case of isolation, you may feel depressed. In that case, it is essential to talk to your loved ones on phone in case you are alone.
- You can pursue your hobbies, read, cook, exercise at home, do yoga, meditate, or do anything else you like. This will keep your moods normal.
- If one has to remain optimistic and not lose their mind, it is essential to look at the flip side of this situation. The time you have on hand can be utilized to do something substantial for your family, community, and the country at large.
- Above all, follow all the guidelines and be safe.
Additionally, it is recommended to read information only from credible sources as there are many myths about the disease spreading through social media, which create panic and fear.
Gardennaire is a socially-responsible player and cares for its employees’ wellbeing and safety and has released corona precautions for the same. Gardennaire wishes everyone safety and a speedy recovery, and believes this time shall pass, too.