Factors to Consider When Buying Quality Wicker Patio Furniture
Wicker as a part of garden or patio furniture looks incredibly aesthetic. Whether natural wicker or Rattan wicker, both these fibers are thick, robust and yet lightweight. No wonder, they are widely used in making sofas and chairs. The natural brown and beige colors of wicker kind of complement with the nature around, the green plants and the colorful blossoms. While wicker as well as powder coated aluminum are commonly used in making patio furniture, everything has its advantages and disadvantages. There are certain factors one must consider before buying wicker furniture for your garden and terrace. This post focuses on the same.
Important Points to Check on When Investing in a Wicker Furniture
Before we get into these factors, ensure that you know what wicker means. This is not some type of furniture or fiber. This is actually a weaving method. A wicker furniture comprises a certain pattern of weaves which could be fiber, synthetic fiber or other materials, cane, and so on. This weaving pattern makes the furniture durable and long lasting. Now, here are some considerations you may want to ponder over when buying quality wicker patio furniture:
- There is no doubt that wicker furniture adds to the aesthetics; however, selecting the right type would depend upon factors such as the weather in your area, frequency of cleaning and maintenance, and cost.
- While natural fiber looks good, synthetic or Rattan wicker is a more sustainable and low maintenance option.
- Natural fiber, cane, and so on need good maintenance at least twice in a year. You can simply paint or polish them.
- Even if your furniture may be weather friendly it is not weather resistant for a long time, and the same applies for wicker patio furniture, too.
- You have to move your furniture indoors when it is snowing or raining. Wicker furniture can resist moisture and humidity as well as heat to some extent, and hence it is called weather friendly.
- Any wicker furniture should be dusted daily and cleaned with a mild soap and water at least once in two weeks. This is to prevent any mold or fungal growth, especially in case of natural materials in wicker furniture.
- If the weather in your area is hot and dry, due care needs to be taken such as polishing or applying a layer on the furniture to prevent drying, cracking, heat retention, and so on.
- Amid all these weather conditions, the frequency of use is an important aspect. For instance, if you are a regular user of that furniture, go for extremely durable wicker materials and ensure timely maintenance.
- This is essential if you lounge in your patio with your family and friends every weekend or host parties and dinners frequently.
- Synthetic materials are lightweight and hence easily portable. Natural materials may not always be lightweight and require relatively low maintenance.
- Size of your furniture is just as important and would depend upon the area available. Do not cramp up the patio area; ensure there is enough space to move around.
- Ensure the furniture is comfortable and you and your guests can relax and unwind there.
- The type of fabric you choose for cushions should also be soft, comfortable, and easy to clean. Make sure you can lean and relax comfortably on the cushions.
If you plan to buy quality wicker patio furniture, there is a wide range available in the market in terms of the quality and pricing. However, ensure you buy it from a reliable supplier or manufacturer directly. Gardennaire is a trusted supplier of a variety of patio furniture including wicker furniture and accessories that help you decorate your patio and terrace.