What Plants and Trees Make a Beautiful Patio & Garden?
Having your own terrace or patio, being able to decorate it is a wonderful feeling. Isn’t it? Colorful flower trees look beautiful and a green garden gives pleasure to your eyes. You can plant some trees directly in the soil, while other can be potted plants or hung in baskets. A combination of the right plants and good-quality, weather friendly and comfortable furniture can make your patio or terrace the most go to place in your home. Patio trees and the greenery around create a positive vibe. Now you may think what trees would look good in patio or garden? This post discusses the types of trees you can plant in your patio garden to turn it into a perfect venue to host your guests or spend times with your loved ones.
Tips to Choose the Best Plants for Your Patio and Garden
Here are some tips to choose best plants for patio or plants for decks, terrace, and expansive gardens.
- First, the area of your house, terrace, patio, and backyard is an important aspect to consider, as it would give an idea about the design and arrangement of plants, furniture, and so on.
- Also consider your priorities such as floral plants, kitchen garden, and so on. If you have a separate area for your kitchen garden and a big enough patio, consider planting shade trees which grow big.
- If you are considering only terrace for decoration, then potted plants or plants in hanging baskets are enough. Also, you can get some comfortable but compact sofa set, a swing or a hammock, bean bags, and a coffee table or seating sets to fit into the area.
- In case you have an independent bungalow and a big patio and garden area a mix of shade plants, potted plants, and furniture such as a patio dining set, sofa set, and perhaps a gazebo or a swing would make sense.
- Some potted plants which add to the aesthetics and the vibe include orchids, roses, lilies, gerberas, and daisies.
- Some plants like Juniper bonsai is ideal for indoor and outdoor decoration. It can be kept as a potted plant in your garden and also as a showpiece on your coffee table or dining table, especially if you are planning a party or gathering.
- Flowers like fresh gerberas or roses look beautiful in vases or earthen pots. You can keep them on the dining table on special occasions. Else, they look better in the garden, too.
- Depending on the location you stay at and the weather conditions there, you can plant big trees.
- You can always plant a Christmas tree as it grows really big and serve as a lighting pole during the holiday season. Alongside, you can consider certain palm trees such as a fan palm, crape myrtle, fern pine, or any fruit trees.
- You can consider various berries, camellia, magnolia, ficus, sweet bay, and so on if you wish to plant small and medium plants in raised garden beds for your garden.
- You can also consider seasonal blooms. There are some big trees which bloom in the spring and look beautiful due to their colorful flowers. These include purple flower tree. You can have other colors such as yellow, pink, and red.
- Some trees bloom during the autumn which include red sunset maple that adds to the beauty of the season.